Pages

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Radio Silence

I'm taking a break from social networking. I figured i needed to when the thought of having three phones seemed valid. Yes, three. I was worried, wouldn't you? So, I sat down and went back to my roots (basically reviewed my core values)and realised I really need to go back to basics, simplicity. That's what I've been striving for but recently my judgement has been clouded by vanity and greed.
How has it been so far?
Well, I have a lot of free time, my gosh, I spent ten minutes staring at my bedroom walls trying to figure out what to do other than facebook or tweet. It wasn't hard to figure out I ought to be studying with assignments due and the end of the semester nearing. So, i grabbed a book and got reading.

Social networking isn't the only thing I'll be taking a break from. No, no one's cheated and yes, we're in love. But love isn't enough. My relationship is psychologically and physically stressing me and I quite honestly can't keep repeating the same thing over and over again (i know, it's tiring) trying to bring my point across and watch you not give a fuck. Funny thing is you could have me if you only tried.
I'm tired and if you seriously want to keep me you have to fight for me. Mabye I need this time to myself, it's been a while since I did anything just to please myself(don't go there). I've neglected myself for too long.



#Pocket full of Sunshine - Natasha Beddingfield

"Take me away, a secret place
A sweet escape, take me away
Take me away to better days
Take me away, a hiding place"

1 comment:

  1. Simplicity and balance is everything. Take the break and relax. Focus on calming down and channel your energy on those things and activities that add value to you as a person. You also need to learn how to be selfish. Pamper the ME in you. All the best.

    ReplyDelete