Pages

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Monday, September 26, 2011

A tribute to Professor Maathai


She was one of the few women in politics with balls the size of elephant heads, Martha Karua included, who I have always admired both as a environmental activist as well as a political one. She was one of the few people I related to in her struggle in trying to make human understand that the earth has a say too going as far as striping bare in an attempt to protect it.She shall forever be part of myself and many others.

I still remember a story I heard her say one day about a forest fire and a little hummingbird. The bird came across the fire and tried extinguishing it by bringing a few drops of water to it. I will be a hummingbird and do the best I can to help our planet.


R.I.P, Professor Wangari Maathai

No comments:

Post a Comment